At least 105 people were killed in the Israeli bombardment of Gaza enters its fourth day, the latest attack killed five people in Rafah, while rescuers tried to free the trapped in the ruins of a building.
The air strike in Rafah, on Friday came as Israel continued to bomb Gaza what it says is an attempt to stop indiscriminate rocket attacks by Hamas fighters.
Al Jazeera's Stefanie Dekker, reporting from Gaza on Friday, said at least 200 homes in the area were destroyed during the offensive that began earlier this week.
"More than 3,000 houses were partially destroyed by air strikes, and the numbers are received in an air strike here four and a half minutes," he said.
Avichay Adraee, Israeli army spokesman said it had received more than 1,100 targets in Gaza since the beginning of the offensive and that "there are still hundreds to finish."
At least 700 Palestinians have been wounded since the Israeli attacks, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health.
A total of 10 Israelis were wounded by Palestinians since Israel began attacks on Gaza, but no deaths.
Eight people were injured when a Palestinian rocket hit a fuel tanker truck at a gas station in Ashdod Friday of the Israeli army.
In an attack on Thursday, two soldiers were wounded in a mortar bomb Eshkol Regional Council.
The army said on Friday that its missile defense system Iron Dome intercepted at least four rockets, allegedly headed to the airport, near Tel Aviv.